BUSCH GARDENS WILLIAMSBURG CELEBRATES 10 MAGICAL YEARS OF CHRISTMAS TOWN
Busch Gardens® Williamsburg commemorates 10 years of Christmas Town this year with more dates than ever for their annual event, beginning a week early, Nov. 17, and running 35 days through Jan. 5. You can count on IoMGeek to show you the highlights of the event when it begins, but until then, check out our guide below on all you need to know in relation to this year’s Christmas Town.
Busch Gardens is open 2 – 10 p.m. on most Christmas Town operating days and 12 – 10 p.m. on Saturdays from Nov. 17 through Jan. 5. A member-exclusive Christmas Town sneak peek will take place Nov. 16 from 4pm-10pm. For more information about Christmas Town and operating days, visit www.christmastown.com/va.
Individual day tickets start at $20 per ticket, but there are other options for those who may want to visit more than once. A Christmas Town Fun Card (for $49) gives you unlimited admission to Christmas Town. Christmas Town is also included in annual membership plans, which allow unlimited visits starting at $9.99 per month.
Add-On Experiences specific to Christmas Town include Santa’s Fireside Feast, which allows you to gather around the majestic castle as Santa recounts a classic Christmas story while elves prepare a scrumptious all-you-care-to-eat meal and Mrs. Claus dazzles the dining room with holiday cheer. Tickets range from $22 for children ages 3-9, and $32 for anyone 10 and up. We’ve done this multiple times in previous years, as it allows some great one-on-one time with Santa, a fun show, and a meal.
Tastes of Christmas Town is an all-you-care-to-eat dining experience in Das Festhas that includes reserved seating for Deck The Halls, one of Christmas Town’s signature shows. Tickets range from $17 for children ages 3-9, and $36 for anyone 10 and up.
If you don’t want to wait in lines, the Christmas Town Quick Queue Pass will give you one day single-time priority access to the Battering Ram, DaVinci’s Cradle, Der Autobahn, Der Wirbelwind, Flying Machine, InvadR, Kinder Karussel, Le Catapult, Nacht Tower®, Peppermint Twist, Snowman Summit, Verbolten® & Santa’s Workshop. Prices vary by day from $30-50.
Reserved seating is available for most shows at $5-12 each, and photo packages are available, including PhotoKey for $50, which includes park photo and ride locations plus priority access to Santa’s Workshop and Rudolph’s Winter Wonderland.
If you’re interested in a VIP experience, tours range from $67.75-$200 per person, depending on the option. For more information, check out buschgardens.com/williamsburg/upgrades/tours/.
- Christmas Town Express – The Busch Gardens Railway has been themed to Christmas Town this year, allowing guests to sing along to favorite holiday songs while enjoying the lighted decorations along the park’s popular train route. The experience will feature festive caroling, two million stunning Christmas lights and themed holiday vignettes.
- Wilkommenhaus – The Wilkommenhaus in the Germany village will feature a projection mapping show every 15-minutes during Christmas Town, and the Cookies & Cocoa Shop returns.
- Sesame Street® holiday show: Elmo’s Christmas Wish – Elmo’s Christmas Wish debuts this year on the stage at Sesame Street® Forest of Fun™. This holiday musical show features the Sesame Street cast as they help Elmo find his Christmas wish.
- Battle For Eire™ – the new virtual reality attraction will be open, alongnside, weather dependent, roller coasters InvadR™ and Verbolten®.
Other Christmas Town Features
- Santa’s Workshop – Santa Claus returns to his workshop in the NewKastle building, where you can take pictures and drop off your Christmas wish lists.
- Shows – A cappella show Gift of Harmony™ is back for its second year. Popular shows Twas That Night, headlined by former Olympic skater Elvis Stojko, Deck the Halls, Scrooge No More!™ and Gloria! also return, along with the 50-foot Christmas tree light show O’Tannenbaum in front of the stunning Das Festhaus.
- Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer™ – Rudolph is back with Clarice, Yukon Cornelius, Bumble and Sam the Snowman. Guests can meet and have their pictures taken with the characters at Rudolph’s Winter Wonderland in Holiday Hills™ and enjoy a multisensory presentation of the timeless Rudolph story at Rudolph’s Movie Experience.
- Sesame Street® Forest of Fun™ – Meet the Sesame Street characters, including Elmo and Cookie Monster, and capture a holiday photo in the Sesame Street® Forest of Fun™. Families can ride Grover’s Alpine Express and take time for some Christmas shopping at Abby Cadabby’s Treasure Trove.