We are back, and we’re here today to give you all the details on the events coming to Busch Gardens Williamsburg for the year 2022. With an event almost every weekend, there’s more to do at the park than ever before. Let’s take a look.
First up, with Busch Gardens Christmas Town wrapping up on January 2, weekends (and Martin Luther King Jr Day) from January 8 – January 23 will feature Busch Gardens Winter Weekends. If you didn’t get a chance to see the millions of lights during Christmas Town, you’ll be able to see them weekend nights during Winter Weekends. You also still have a chance to see Frosty in his meet n’ greet!
- This year, Winter Weekends features Animal Experiences with Conservation Ambassadors, Trainer Talks, and even an upcharge option for Brunch with the animals!
- In addition, each weekend will feature performances from local bands such as Blair’s West Band, Snap, and fan favorite the Deloreans. Other special entertainment includes performances from the Killarney Village Band and a Sunny Day Celebration in the Sesame Street Forest of Fun.
- Coasters and rides will also be open during the event, depending on weather conditions.
When Winter Weekends ends, Busch Gardens Williamsburg kicks off Mardi Gras, featuring limited-time food, cocktails, entertainment and live music, weekends from Jan 28-Feb 27.
Then in March, we get the return of Busch Gardens St. Patrick’s Day Celebration, weekends form March 4 – March 27. The event will feature Irish food and beverage in Killarney Village and, perhaps most importantly, Busch Gardens new roller coaster Pantheon is currently scheduled to open in March 2022, and they decided to tease the event with POV footage of the ride (in the video above)!
Following the St. Patrick’s Day Celebration, Busch Gardens other events include:
- Sesame Street Kids’ Weekends, weekends April 1 – April 24
- The return of one of our favorite events, Busch Gardens’ Food and Wine Festival, weekends from April 28 – June 12
- Busch Gardens after dark and fireworks event, Summer Nights, weekends from June 17 – August 14
- Bier Fest to quench your thirst in late summer, weekends from August 12 – September 5
- Followed by your favorite events (and ours) Howl-O-Scream! Select Nights from September 9 – October 31
- During the daytime, you can enjoy the family friendly Count’s Spooktacular on weekends from September 24 – October 31
- And finally, the return of Busch Gardens Christmas Town on November 11 – January 1st, 2023
More event details will be revealed closer to time, so make sure you’ve subscribed to our YouTube channel so you can be notified when we release more coverage of these events and more.