IoM will be attending Awesome Con 2015 at the Walter E. Washington Convention Center in Washington, DC, this coming weekend, May 29-31, 2015! We attended last year, and were able to meet a number of guests, including Cary Elwes, Danai Gurira, and more! This year Awesome Con looks to be bringing even more guests, including some huge names as William Shatner and George Takei. So what are the top 5 things we’re looking forward to this year?
- George Newbern – the voice of Superman in the Justice League and Justice League United series, as well as the animated feature, Superman v. The Elite. While some folks prefer Tim Daly’s interpretation of Superman in the Timmverse animated series, Newbern brought a greater range to the character, especially starting in season 2 of Justice League. Newbern is probably the highlight of the con for me.
- Great artists! Tom Raney,- the artist behind Warlock and the Infinity Watch, Raney’s strong artwork is one of the reasons I loved characters like Adam Warlock and his band of misfits. And Ben Templesmith, artist behind 30 Days of Night, and the recent Gotham by Midnight series, that I’m totally digging!
- Other awesome guests – in addition to Shatner and Takei, there’s also Michael Biehn, Ralph Macchio (the Karate Kid), Sean Astin, Mark Pellegrino, a number of the cast of Clerks, Judith Hoag (from the original Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles movie!), James Marsters, Dina Meyer, and, really, a ton more!
- Starship Horizons – a multi-player bridge simulation experience allowing 2-5 players to work together as the ships Bridge Officers. The core gameplay experience is designed around players commanding their own Starship as the bridge officers in the roles of Captain, Flight, Tactical, Science and Operations.
- Film panels and screenings – The Spooky Movie International Horror Film Festival is showcasing a number of independent horror short films and feature length films; and there will be a screening of Dark Awakening: A Star Wars Fan Film & Dark Awakening: The Making of a Fan Film!
So much to do and only three days to do it in! If you’re planning on attending Awesome Con this year, let us know in the comments below!
For more information on Awesome Con or to buy tickets, check out the official site!