So the big news last week was that the long awaited Star Trek MMO will be released in February 2010. Hot damn, right? Now, the big question… will your system run it?
And more important, will mine?
According to Star Trek Online in a FAQ updated this week:
- OS: Windows XP SP2 / Windows Vista / Windows 7 (32 or 64-bit)
- CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo 1.8 Ghz or AMD Athlon X2 3800+
- Memory: 1GB RAM
- Video: NVIDIA GeForce 7950 / ATI Radeon X1800 / Intel HD Graphics
- Sound: DirectX 9.0c Compatible Soundcard
- DirectX: Version 9.0c or Higher
- HDD: 8GB Free Disk Space
- Network: Internet Broadband Connection Required
- Disc: 6X DVD-ROM
I’m running 1.6 Ghz on my laptop. And I’ve got some Intel video nonsense that doesn’t sound like it’s near cool enough to handle the game.
Makes me wanna kick a tribble.