FRIGHT FEST® at SIX FLAGS AMERICA
Theme Park Turns Up Fear Factor with New Shows and The Biggest Event Ever
UPPER MARLBORO, Md — September 18, 2017 — Six Flags America, The Nation’s Capital of Thrills, is preparing to unleash its most wicked and frighteningly fun Fright Fest® event with 15 haunted attractions, live shows and more than 10 extreme thrills in the dark designed to scare and make hearts pound beginning Saturday, September 23.
“Fright Fest is a must-do event within the region,” said Park President Rick Howarth. “No one does Halloween like Six Flags and each year we commit to new opportunities to scare, thrill and delight our guests during our biggest and most popular event of the season.”
When the sun is up during Thrills by Day, the park will have a festive fall harvest feel with friendly ghosts and ghouls. Kids of all ages can enjoy a host of family-friendly Halloween attractions and three all-new family shows:
- Monster Stomp – Dance party that lets little monsters get their groove on;
- Creature Feature – Monsters put on a show and jam and rock in concert; and
- CURSED! – Musical adventure following three friends investigating who or what cursed Warwick Manor
When the sun goes down, it’s Fright by Night! At 6:00 p.m. the park goes dark — as in creepy, crawly, scary dark. Thrill-seekers can enjoy their favorite coasters in the dark and experience WONDER WOMAN Lasso of Truth backwards.
Additional New Fright Fest haunts and scares include:
- The Procession kicks-off Fright by Night as creatures of the dark march to the ultimate Awakening
- A night at a haunted bed and breakfast goes terribly awry when four college kids disturb the dead in the no holds barred rated R musical version of CURSED! After Dark.
- Viewer discretion is also strongly advised for the chilling stunt adventure Survive the Night. Two detectives struggle to find a missing person. Instead, a world of haunting terror arises as they fight for survival. No soul is safe.
Fright Fest opens Saturday, September 23 and runs every Saturday and Sunday until October 29 with special Friday openings on October 20 and 27 at 5 p.m. for Fright by Night only. On select nights the park will remain open until 11:00 p.m., please check the website for hours of operation. Many of the Fright by Night events are not recommended for guests under 13-years-old.
2018 Season Passes provide unlimited visits for the rest of the 2017 season (including park admission to Fright Fest® and Holiday in the Park®) plus all of 2018.
We visited Six Flags Fright Fest in 2015. Check out our experience below: