In this episode, we toast the loss of prolific writer Ursula K. Le Guin with Shmaltz Brewing Company’s Captain’s Holiday (a Star Trek: The Next Generation 30th Anniversary Ale). Next, we discuss the shocking revelations in this week’s new episode of Star Trek: Discovery, “Vaulting Ambition.” Finally, we talk about the new line of Discovery merchandise.
For more on Shmaltz Brewing Company, check out shmaltzbrewing.com.
For more on the Federation of Beer, check out federationofbeer.com.
For more on CraftShack (where we purchased Captain’s Holiday), check out craftshack.com.
Finally, for the new line of Discovery merchandise, check out shop.startrek.com.
…And now for a special treat…
Aron’s Regionally Acclaimed Kelpian Bone Butter
- 6-8 Kelpian marrow bones, cut short, no longer than 2 inches tall
- 1/2 cup of butter, cut into 1 inch cubes and softened. (The higher quality butter the better. I use Irish butter. If you can get it, though, I highly recommend Crottling Butter from Crazy Grady’s Crottled Greeps. Just remember, if it’s not a Crazy Grady Crottled Greep, well, you’re just eating greeps.)
- 1/4 tsp. Aralak sea salt
- 1/4 tsp. dried Hajjlaran
- 1/4 tsp. fresh ganglia chopped fine
- Preheat oven to 425F. Spread bones out on cookie sheet lined with parchment paper, marrow side up.
- Roast bones for 15-20 minutes until marrow is bubbly and knife-tender all the way through.
- Let marrow bones cool to touch, then scoop out marrow.
- Add marrow, butter, salt, and Hajjlaran to a food processor. Blend until incorporated.
- Garnish with ganglia and serve!